Vintage Toys and Collectables Auctions
Vectis is the world's leading auction house for vintage toys and collectables.
We auction or buy your vintage toy collection here at Vectis Auctions, the World’s largest collectable toy specialist! If you have a vintage toy collection from a single piece to a room of thousands, come to the experts, come to Vectis to ensure the best possible price!
We will auction or buy your vintage toys and collectables, including
Automatons, Meccano & Construction Toys, Vintage Board Games & Bagatelle, Noah's Arks, Other Vintage & Classic Toys, Robots & Space Toys, Rocking Horses, Tinplate Toys & Novelties and many more
We have a team of experts ready to catalogue your vintage toy collection to achieve the best prices possible. Our full colour catalogues are available online to our worldwide audience and customer database of over 30 years of trading. Our marketing team will promote your collection at no additional cost and our in-house packing team will then ensure your vintage toy collectables are sent to their new homes throughout the world.
Why use Vectis?
- World record prices, higher than any other auction house
- We will pack and ship all your items to a global audience
- Our team of experts cover all collectable genres
- Full payment guarantees you against internet fraudsters
- We will handle any returns or buyer queries
- One-off commission – no extra lotting fees, photography or marketing fees
- No collection too small or large
- Over 30 years’ experience in the collectable toy industry
Whether buying or selling vintage toys, Vectis is the place to choose!
Vintage toys, made of tin, wood, cloth, etc, are usually brightly-coloured and have been around for generations. The toys often depict animals, farm scenes, or even the Queen of England. They are not only nostalgic for adults, but also make for a great collection piece for children. Here are some of the most popular types of vintage toys;
- Clockwork Toys: Clockwork toys were popular during the Victorian era. These toys were made out of tin and had a key that when wound, would make the toy move. Popular clockwork toys from England include a soldier marching, a dog walking, and a train running.
- Toy Soldiers: Toy soldiers are miniature figures made out of tin that depict soldiers from the British Army. These toys were popular during World War I, and are still collected today.
- Automata: Automata are tin plate toys that are operated by a mechanism. They are made up of several moving parts that interact with one another to create a motion. Popular automata from England include a wooden soldier that salutes, a monkey playing the drums, and a horse that gallops, a robot which walks
- Pull-Along Toys: Pull-along toys are toys that are made out of tin and are attached to a string. When the string is pulled, the toy moves forward. Popular pull-along toys from England include a duck, a horse, and a car.
- Animals: Tin plate animals were popular during the early 20th century. These toys were made out of tin and painted with bright colours. Popular tin plate animals from England include a dog, a cat, and a pig.
Vintage toys are a great way to both start and add to a collection. These toys are an excellent way to remember the past as well as share a piece of history with the next generation.
We auction and buy:
- Metal, tin, wood, cloth toys, etc
- Vehicles and playsets
- Boxed or loose vintage toys
Vectis are the Experts
Vectis hold multiple vintage toy auctions per year, including more tin plate lots than any other auction house. From vintage robots and rocket ships and wooden animal playsets, the variety and breadth of items available is unsurpassed.
Consistently achieving the best prices at auction for Vintage toys!
Sell your collection with us
Upcoming AuctionsSEE FULL CALENDAR
Catalogue Now Live
Tuesday 5 December 10:00
Catalogue Now Live
Wednesday 6 December 10:00